Natal Fever

Musings, opinions, history, local & national news and a few rants.

Google

Sunday, June 05, 2005

Zuma

I watched the 7.00pm SABC News this evening; not something I normally do. The main item was coverage of meetings held by the youth of both the African National Congress and the South African Communist Party. These were held in response to the growing clamour for our Vice-President and leader to the ‘Moral Regeneration Initiative’ Jacob Zuma to resign.

I was treated to tirades from spokesmen saying that the guilty verdict in the Schabir Shaik trial ‘was a miscarriage of justice’ and that they give Deputy President Zuma their full support; this despite him being named in the judgement as a willing party to the deeds of Shaik.

They went on to denounce Judge Hillary Squires as a racist and an ‘ex apartheid operative’ whose judgement was therefore flawed and biased.

This plunged me into a deep trough of gloom so I checked my Lotto ticket again. But alas I had not won a few million rand and so will have to endure this a bit longer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker