Natal Fever

Musings, opinions, history, local & national news and a few rants.

Google

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

One of THOSE nights.

It was cold and starting to rain and I went into the TV hoekie to watch the Trafalgar Day things. It was nice and cosy and just as the Red Arrows aerobatic team started their display the phone rang. Eddie!! He of the garrulous inclination who insists on being a family friend despite our best efforts to evict him from this self assumed office. His news this time was to tell me of the death of some person I know in name only. Although I am saddened by deaths I cut him short and returned to the TV just in time to see the Red Arrows vanishing into the haze.

‘Oh well’ I mused ‘at least I’ll see the vintage aircraft’. Just as the flock of Hurricanes, Spitfires, Yaks, Tempests, Sea Furies and others swarmed into view the rain (here) came down in buckets. This always has the effect of putting an end to DSTV reception as a heavy downpour breaks our link to the satellite.

I fumed for nearly 20 minutes until the picture returned. This occurred with immaculate timing as the piston engine jobs were also flying off into the cloudy yonder. ‘Never mind’ I consoled myself’ ‘I’ll be able to watch the sailing ships in a vignette of the famous battle.’

Then the power went off!

It stayed off for an hour during which time I got drunk and no longer cared.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker